So often on the fertility path, we curse our bodies for not doing what we want them to do. This turns into all-out war with our very selves. We start to hate ourselves.
We say things like this:
- I’m such a failure.
- My body is broken.
- I’m ugly and my stupid body sucks.
- I’m worthless because I can’t get pregnant.
- Maybe I’m just not meant to be a mother.
- What is my life even about, anyway?
I know I did. I constantly berated myself for screwing up by not trying to have a baby when I was younger (even though I may very well have struggled back then too), and cursed my “old, broken down body.”
When I looked in the mirror all I saw was a middle-aged, barren woman.
Last February I ran the inaugural Love Yourself Challenge to help us nurture the most important relationship we all have – the one with ourselves. It was wildly successful so I’m doing it again!
Please join me! Sign up for the free challenge!
It’ll be easy and fun. Each day from February 11-17, you’ll get an email from me with a simple assignment for that day. None of the assignments will take more than a half hour to do.
- I really enjoyed the challenge 😊, the beauty of it was to have something simple but meaningful to do for each aspect of our person; mind, body and soul, e.g. something positive for our mind, something yummy for our body and something peaceful for our soul. It was a great experience, not time consuming that I would definitely repeat. (D.Z.)
- Great ideas of how we can improve our self esteem and promote ways to improve our time focus on us and loving ourselves. (B.G.)
- Quick activities but still meaningful. (A.P.)
- Thank you for a great experience! Can’t wait for the next one. (S.B.)
If we love ourselves more, we will be kinder to others – and goodness knows, the world could use a little more of that right now.
Sign up by Friday, February 9.
Can’t wait to see you in the challenge! I’m going to be doing it too!